Josh Trommel is a backend/software developer.
He's currently listening to .
I’m a happy developer 💻 living in Vancouver, Canada 🇨🇦. I build apps, tools, &
everything in between, mostly for fun ✨. Currently working for Macinhome
as a mobile IT consultant, and Maybulb
on Nimble & Raven.
- I'm a big fan of video editing with apps such as Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, and Premiere 🎬.
- As far as code goes, I'm good with HTML/Handlebars/Pug, CSS/Sass, JS, Node/Express, Ruby/Rails/Sinatra, and Python/Django/Flask🍻.
- I'm experienced with macOS, Windows, or Linux (debian/ubuntu/fedora 🍦)
- Software developement, Nimble / WolframAlpha for Mac (2015-2016)
Worked on backend development for a Wolfram|Alpha menubar client
for macOS with HTML, CSS/Sass, and JS/Node, using the Electron framework.
Downloaded over 8,000 times and featured
by The Next Web
- Frontend & Backend Development, Cameron (2016)
- Worked on frontend design for a compliment-based website, intended to cheer people up when
they're feeling down by spreading and submitting compliments.
- Developed backend in Node and Express for asynchronous, fast interaction.
- Backend development, Robbie (2016)
Worked on backend development for an IMDB & GoodReads command-line application
in Ruby for CodeDay Spring 2016.
- Backend development, oliver (2014-2017)
Developed and maintained a Ruby command-line tool to manage your local Git repos.
- Downloaded over 70,000 times on RubyGems.